I missed the last Market. Earstwhile Farmer’s Market, it has been rebranded as The Market since it is more of a market place for not just food products but also organic and eco friendly lifestyle products. During the last market, I was heavily pregnant and down with a bad viral infection. Anindya, ofcourse did not miss out on the opportunity to spend a good amount of time there and be a part of the festivity. Yes, I call it festivity. The air is such. Good weather, peppy retro music, lots of food, beer and wine, open air stalls; everything screams fun and frolic. So now, when there is going to be another Market on the 25th of February 2018, I don’t plan to miss out on it, even if for a short period of time leaving my baby in the care of her grandmother.
Highlights of The Kolkata Market 2018:
- It will once again be hosted at beautiful green lawns of The Hyatt Regency Kolkata.
- Over 50 stalls with a variety of organic and otherwise food products, teas, health products, cold pressed juices, organic vegetables, eco friendly sun glasses,wellness products, cheeses, dips and dressings, etc
- K’s Kitchen range of conserves, dressing and sauces for sampling as well as purchase.
- Fratelli wines and signature cocktails from the Hyatt cocktail bar
- For beer, there is once again Kingfisher- the king of good times, for a gentle hoppy time
- Live retro 70s music from Clayton & Aradhana from 6 pm onwards
- Repeat of some of the best in the restaurant section and some new from The Coastal Macha with seafood and coastal cuisine, Khichdi Khichri with phenomenal ranges of khichdis, K Wok with Thai cuisine, Terminal 11 presenting continental dishes, K2 with Kolkata kathi rolls and kebabs, The Flavour Box with pan Asian delicacies and La Cucina Hyatt Regency dishing out the best of Italian fare.
New Feature of The Kolkata Market 2018
Culinary workshop by none other than the gourmet guru Karen Anand for t2 readers at the Hyatt Regency lawns showcasing summer salads. There is a contest running on t2 to answer a particular question and 10 lucky t2 subscribers will get a chance to interact and cook with Karen on stage at the workshop.
The workshop will take place at 5 pm to 5:45 pm at the stage area
We attended the Farmer’s Market in 2015 for the first time. Since then, we are hooked on to it. Luckily we even had the chance to attend a Market at Pune, which is an extraordinary event, something one should experience if possible. I am happy that Kolkata has now become an annual affair and with each passing year, the brand is growing and getting more interesting for the city to enjoy.
Here are some pictures from the last Kolkata Market in November 2017.
People at the Kolkata Market 2017
Karen Anand in full swing
And the winners are