It’s festive season and there is no harm in getting a little naughty? How many of you know Jennifer Lopez? I rephrase. How many of you had hots for her? How many of you envied her butt? Or to be precise, lusted? Before Google flags this naughty (?) post as an adult post or you stop reading further, please hold on. What are the adjectives you would use to describe Jennifer Lopez? Just as Jennifer Lopez was known as JLo, I will speak of a similar sounding drink called Jello shots, Vodka Jello Shots, to be precise.
The Jello shots were first made at a Christmas party at home in 2009. The year was memorable for many personal reasons, good and bad. This party was a welcome break to forget the miseries of the year and look forward to 2010. My Sis in Law Rajashri, made these Vodka Jello shots. We had struggled with the freezing and setting of the mix but once you master the same, this omni potent mixture is deceptive. Heard About the Truth Potion from Harry Potter where once you have it, you cannot hold back the truth anymore? I will compare these Jello shots with them. That evening and night in Pune had many incidents which have now become a folklore in family and I am sure, you will come back to me with incidents from your party once you have served these. In your mind, you are simply having jelly which become potentially formidable after you have popped a few of them.
There can be many types of Jello Shots like fireball Jello Shots, MistletoeJello Shots, Shark Attack Jello Shots and many more. Since Vodka is an universally intoxicating agent, we made Vodka Jello Shots.
Jello Shots - No Butts please
- 1 packet jelly crystals
- 500 ml water
- 200 ml vodka
- All you need to do is follow the instruction on the packet to make the jelly. Once you have stirred in all the ingredients, pour the vodka in too and mix it well.
- So all I had to do was mix the contents of the packet into a bowl. In another saucepan, boil 500 ml of water. Once boiled, stand for a minute and then pour the water into the bowl with the powders and stir continuously.
- Make sure there are no lumps. Once everything has dissolved properly, add the vodka and mix again.
- Then pour into small shot glasses and keep them in room temperature to set. It take 45 miutes to set.
- After that keep them in the refirgerator for an hour at least before serving.
- You can even top these jello shots with whipping cream before serving.